We have been writing it and saying it for what seems like months now, but now it has officially happened. Adam Gase has been fired by the Jets and they can finally move on from a miserable two seasons under a coach that was 1-15 in the first half of his two season and just 9-23 overall. The search now begins for a new head coach and potentially a new quarterback, among other fixes to a roster that should look a lot different in 2021. The 2-14 season was a major disappointment for the Jets, worsened by losing out on the top pick and Trevor Lawrence. A fresh start at head coach with lots of cap space and draft picks should mean brighter days are ahead for GM Joe Douglas and the franchise.
To dive into Gase’s firing, his time here, the head coaching search and review the season, we bring you the Season 2 finale episode of the “Gang’s All Here” podcast with Brian Costello and me.
Gang’s All Here Podcast: Jake & Coz talk Adam Gase’s firing, head coaching options, 2020 Jets season in review
- No memorable moments with Gase at the helm, outside of his introductory press conference. Fresh start, new year, new coach, maybe a new QB, new roster with a lot of money to spend. Can only go up from here.
- Gase’s record told the whole story. Jets fans should be happy. As bad as Gase was, he didn’t lose control of the locker room.
- Search begins for a new coach. Coz breaks down who will make the decisions and what the process is moving forward here.
- Going over some of the head coaching candidates: Robert Saleh, Lincoln Riley, Brian Daboll, Wink Martindale, Eric Bieniemy.
- Losing to the Patriots, Cam Newton dominating Jets defense. Jets now having longest playoff drought thanks to the Browns making the playoffs.
- Good, bad & ugly: Mekhi Becton was good, but needs to maybe lose weight and stay healthy. Quinnen Williams and Foley Fatukasi were good. Marcus Maye will probably get re-signed. CJ Mosley will be back after opting out this year. Need help everywhere. Need a kicker, playmakers, o-line improvement, CBs, pass rushers. Noah’s Arc offseason – need two of everything.
- Matthew Stafford as a QB option? Where do Jets go to potentially replace Darnold? Where could they trade him?
Mark Cannizzaro Interview:
Longtime NY Post football columnist
- Gase joining Rich Kotite as the worst head coaches in Jets history.
- What are the priorities for the Jets in their next head coach? Finding that “CEO” head coach to lead the franchise.
- Does Stafford make sense if the Jets can pull off a trade with the Lions for him?
- Wink Martindale the coach and Wink Martindale the game show host.
Catch up on all episodes of “Gang’s All Here,” a New York Jets podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Coz and Jake on Twitter @BrianCoz and @JakeBrownRadio for updates on the show. The next episode of the podcast drops whenever the Jets hire a new head coach or big Jets news hits.
#Listen #Episode #Gangs #Replaces #Adam #Gase