The Giants looked dead in the water against the Ravens on Sunday. Their offense was awful. Their defense struggled. Baltimore ran all over them 27-13, sending the Giants to 5-10. It was their third straight loss after winning four straight games. While it felt like rock bottom, the Giants enter the final week of the regular season very much alive to win the NFC East. They would be the first 6-10 to ever make the playoffs if they pull it off. Pretty simple: beat the Cowboys and hope the Eagles take down the Washington Football Team.
To break down the messy game and look at where the Giants stand heading into Week 17, we bring you a new episode of the “Blue Rush” podcast with Paul Schwartz and Lawrence Tynes.
Blue Rush Opening Segment with Schwartz & Tynes:
- Giants like zombie movies…dead then come back to life then dead again then back to life.
- Giants still alive to make the playoffs, but do not resemble anything close to a playoff team right now.
- If Daniel Jones can’t run, the offense is futile. There are no playmakers. Darius Slayton can’t make contested catches. Jason Garrett has been terrible calling plays and doesn’t get called out enough.
- As bad as they are playing, they go into final week with a chance. It’s not pretty, but Week 17 will be for the playoffs if the Eagles can beat Washington.
Ottis Anderson Interview:
2-time Super Bowl Champion Giants Running Back
- Thoughts on the Giants three-game losing streak. What has gone wrong?
- Future at running back for the Giants. Did he like drafting Saquon Barkley? Should the Giants try and re-sign Wayne Gallman?
- Is Daniel Jones the answer at QB for the Giants?
- Getting traded to the Giants and not getting a ton of playing time to start.
- Similarities between Joe Judge and Bill Parcells.
- Looking back to the missed kick at the end of the Super Bowl in 1991.
- Not being in the Hall of Fame and how much easier it has got for guys to make it.
- Avoiding fumbling the ball when he came to the Giants.
- What him and Lawrence Taylor are doing with 5D graphics company “Tridelix.”
Catch up on all episodes of “Blue Rush,” a New York Giants podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Lawrence Tynes, Paul Schwartz and Jake Brown on Twitter @lt4kicks, @NYPost_Schwartz and @JakeBrownRadio. The next episode of the show drops Thursday.
#Listen #Episode #Blue #Rush #Giants #Trouble #feat #Ottis #Anderson