2020 has not been good to many, including the Jets. They are glad to be turning the calendar over to 2021, although there is lots of work to be done. They will finish their season on Sunday either 2-14 or 3-13. Either way, they are locked into the No. 2 pick in the draft, so Jets fans will be rooting for a win for the first time in months. It would be nice to beat the 6-9 Patriots, considering all the times the Pats have beaten down the Jets in New England. It will also be the final game of the Adam Gase era with the Jets, which gives fans a reason to celebrate.
To preview Jets-Patriots, talk Gase, Sam Darnold and the end of a nightmare season, we bring you a new episode of the “Gang’s All Here Podcast” with Brian Costello and me.
Gang’s All Here Opening Segment with Jake & Coz:
- Flipping the page on 2020. Only better things ahead for Jets.
- Adam Gase is certain to be fired on Monday. That’s not breaking news. The Jets have not told Gase he will be fired yet.
- Previewing the Jets-Patriots game. Rare time this season where all Jets fans will be rooting for the Jets to win. Win or lose, it doesn’t change anything.
- La’Mical Perine is first Jets player to get COVID during the season. Frank Gore also will not play Sunday. Is Gore’s time in the NFL done? He has exactly 16,000 career rushing yards. Players celebrated him reaching that number.
- Is this the last game we see Sam Darnold in a Jets uniform?
- Rare time I am picking the Jets to win. Coz is taking the Patriots.
Coz tells the story of when he asked Bill Belichick if all of his Super Bowl wins were tainted and needed to prove something by beating the Giants without cheating. “We’re focused on the Giants.” Coz gives us a double dose and tells the story of Paul Lo Duca nearly getting in a fight with him after he asked about who the woman was that he was with in a picture. Julio Franco had to get in between them so Lo Duca didn’t throw any punches.
Stump The Coz:
Alex Cammarata tries stumping Coz with a wide receiver throwing a TD themed question. Coz gets it right with Brad Smith and gets the year right, 2010.
Foley Fatukasi Interview:
Jets defensive tackle, was ranked No. 1 defensive lineman against the run by PFF at one point this season, Queens native
- Stays close to work. Sees his family whenever he can in Queens.
- His game against the Browns, thinking he may have had an interception.
- The feeling of winning two straight games after losing 13 in a row to start the year.
- How the defense has played with Frank Bush taking over.
- On being ranked at the top of his position by PFF against the run.
- The relationship with Steve McLendon, what he learned from him.
- Playing alongside Quinnen Williams.
- On hearing the buzz from fans on wanting Trevor Lawrence.
- Pride being from Queens, going to UConn and playing for the Jets. Staying home in the tri-state area.
- On his two brothers playing at Rutgers, his brother Olakunle being one of the best linebackers in the nation.
- The offseason ahead and the future of the Jets. “It can only get better.”
- Best food spots in Far Rockaway. Big bodega, pizza, Chinese food guy.
Catch up on all episodes of “Gang’s All Here,” a New York Jets podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Coz and Jake on Twitter @BrianCoz and @JakeBrownRadio for updates on the show. The next episode of the podcast drops Monday.
#Listen #Episode #Gangs #Adam #Gases #Final #Game #Ahead #feat #Foley #Fatukasi