The Yankees did not throw away an opportunity to beat the Astros this week. See what I did there? The fans booed, they jeered, they yelled, they brought inflatable trash cans and made their presence felt. While the Yanks didn’t sweep, they did take two of three and are over .500 going into the weekend.
To talk about the series, Giancarlo Stanton’s hot bat and how the fans responded, we bring you a new episode of the “Pinstripe Pod” with Chris Shearn and Jeff Nelson, featuring an interview with Jim Leyritz.
Pinstripe Pod Opening Segment with Chris, Jeff & Jake:
- YANKEES-ASTROS: Yankees needed that series win over a good team. Would it have been sweeter if they got Jose Altuve out in big spot? Starting pitching needs to go deeper into games. Yanks need to continue starting Kyle Higashioka behind the plate. How did the fans do booing the Astros?
- GIANCARLO STANTON: Fans need to take back the boos. He’s been sizzling hot. He is hiding Aaron Judge’s struggles with how he is tearing the cover off the ball.
Jim Leyritz Interview:
Former Yankees catcher (1990-1996, 1999-2000), 2-time World Series champion (1996, 1999)
- CATCHING ANDY PETTITTE/PERSONAL CATCHERS: Andy was 17-6 with him in 1996. Knowing the pitcher and what pitches he likes.
- HIGGY VS. SANCHEZ: It’s a matter of comfort. They gave Gary Sanchez every opportunity to succeed here. He might flourish if he leaves NY.
- YANKEES FANS: Nellie getting doused in beer in the bullpen.
Catch up on all episodes of “Pinstripe Pod,” a New York Yankees podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Chris and Jeff on Twitter @ChrisShearnYES and @NYNellie43. New episodes of the show are released Mondays and Thursdays.
#Listen #Episode #Pinstripe #Pod #Stantons #Bat #Propelling #Yankees #feat #Jim #Leyritz