Break up the Knicks! On Sunday, they shocked the basketball world, upsetting the Bucks at The Garden for their first win of the season, and doing it in blowout fashion. Tom Thibodeau’s squad is off to a 1-2 start, going into a four-game road trip against a few teams off to 3-0 starts. While the Knicks have showed some life early, they are dealing with numerous injuries already as some guys will now need to step up and fill in.
To get into the Knicks’ first three games and what comes next, we bring you the second episode of Season 2 of our Knicks podcast “Big Apple Buckets” with Sal Licata and former Knick Jerome “The Junk Yard Dog” Williams.
Big Apple Buckets Opening Segment with Sal & The Junk Yard Dog:
- Looking back at a surprising blowout win over the Bucks. Julius Randle is playing like an All-Star and not turning the ball over.
- The outlook after the first three games. Consistency is the key for the Knicks. They need RJ Barrett to be a more consistent player.
- Alec Burks has been shooting lights out.
- Elfrid Payton’s shocking game, making shots. Don’t need a ton from him, but a consistent 10 points and eight assists would be key.
- Do the guys trust Frank Ntilikina? Had a great game Sunday, but can he do it consistently? He needs to now with injuries piling up.
- Upcoming four-game road trip, Cavs surprising people, lots of injuries early for young guys is not a good sign.
Inside The Dog House:
JYD tells a story from the 2004-05 Knicks when they were in the playoff race, went to the west coast, Jamal Crawford had a birthday bash and the team followed with a 10-game losing streak that ruined their chances.
Penny Hardaway Interview:
Former Knicks guard (2004-2006), four-time NBA All-Star with Magic (1995-98), University of Memphis basketball head coach
- Experience playing in New York, playing alongside JYD, players not being as locked in as they should have been when he arrived.
- Why is New York not the destination for guys to come like it used to be? What has changed for the franchise? The pride is gone.
- Injuries taking a toll on career. Not playing 100%. Guys today with load management. That would never happen back in day.
- James Wiseman situation last year. The NCAA and their stingy rules.
- Coaching techniques and using styles from his different coaches.
Catch up on all episodes of “Big Apple Buckets,” a New York Knicks podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. New episodes of the show drop Tuesday afternoons.
#Listen #Episode #Big #Apple #Buckets #Transformed #Julius #Randle #feat #Penny #Hardaway