The Nets came out flying to open the season and the official start of the Kevin Durant-Kyrie Irving era. They blew out the Warriors and the Celtics, before coming back down to earth with losses to the Hornets and Grizzlies. While it’s been an up-and-down start, the KD-Kyrie show has been in full effect. The team is getting plenty more attention with the two superstars on the court to the point that they are winning the ratings battle over the Knicks.
There’s so much to get into after four games, so for that we present to you Episode 2 of the “Fullcourt on Flatbush” podcast with Robin Lundberg and Nets great Kerry Kittles.
Fullcourt on Flatbush Opening Segment with Robin & Kerry:
- Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving sitting on the second night of a back-to-back on Monday. Load management is where the NBA has gone.
- Reddit thread on retiring Kerry’s number one day. Should his #30 be retired? What does he think?
- Spencer Dinwiddie’s partially torn ACL and who will fill the void. Should Caris LeVert or Timothé Luwawu-Cabarrot be starting?
- Impressed with what they have seen in first four games. Hard to see anyone slowing the Nets down with KD and Kyrie on the floor.
Kerry looks back at covering the late Kobe Bryant on the court. He tells a story of guarding Kobe while with the Clippers in his final season in the NBA in 2004-05.
Ryan Ruocco Interview:
YES Network, NBA and WNBA on ESPN play-by-play announcer, co-host of R2C2 Podcast with CC Sabathia
- You can feel energy in the broadcast with the team being a major contender. What it’s like calling games without fans in arena and calling games not from the arena for road games.
- Nets winning ratings battle over Knicks so far, and what that means.
- Thoughts on the team, KD and Kyrie so far, the job Steve Nash has done.
- Robin being the most creative person he has worked with. Doing podcast with CC Sabathia and how authentic CC is, having same nerd interests.
- Career path and always knowing he wanted to be a play-by-play announcer. Having success in his 20s and how he got there.
- Hosting a show with Stephen A. Smith, the great guy he is, particular sandwich request, how he helped his career.
Brian Lewis Interview:
Brooklyn Nets beat writer for the New York Post (@NYPost_Lewis)
- What it’s like covering KD and Kyrie. KD is man of few words if it’s not talking basketball. Remembers everything people write about him. “We’re ‘them’ to Kyrie,” Brian says of Irving’s view of the media.
- Dinwiddie injury and how the Nets replace him.
- Playing time at center and how Nash has worked it so far with DeAndre Jordan, Jarrett Allen and Jeff Green.
- Will the Nets bring back Jamal Crawford?
Catch up on all episodes of “Fullcourt on Flatbush,” a Brooklyn Nets podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Kerry Kittles and Robin Lundberg on Twitter @Kerry_Kittles30 and @robinlundberg. New episodes drop Wednesday afternoons.
#Listen #Episode #Fullcourt #Flatbush #KDKyrie #Show #feat #Ryan #Ruocco