With draft day finally here, let’s take one last mock run through the first round.
1. Jaguars: Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
Tune out the contrarian noise, because this is an easy call for new coach Urban Meyer. Lawrence is 6-foot-6 with elite athletic ability and looks like the best quarterback prospect to go No. 1 overall since Andrew Luck in 2012.
2. Jets: Zach Wilson, QB, Brigham Young
A confident kid with gunslinger traits and mobility, Wilson is comparable in many ways to Brett Favre and Russell Wilson. His development will be helped by the Jets’ improved coaching staff.
3. 49ers: Mac Jones, QB, Alabama
If the sources are reliable, coach Kyle Shanahan is going with Jones instead of betting on the potential upside of Trey Lance. It’s a reach, but it might also be the best fit. Jones is an accurate passer who completed 77.4 percent of his throws with 41 touchdowns and four interceptions last season.
4. Falcons: Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
It probably makes more sense for the Falcons to pick Justin Fields, whom I had in this spot last week, but most indications are they will add a weapon for Matt Ryan if no trade develops.
5. Bengals: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
If Pitts is available, he could be the pick. Cincinnati will get help for second-year quarterback Joe Burrow in this spot one way or another. The Bengals will be tempted to take Ja’Marr Chase, who caught 20 of Burrow’s 60 touchdown passes at LSU in 2019, yet the offensive line is the team’s biggest need and Sewell is the top left tackle in the draft.
6. Dolphins: Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama
7. Lions: Ja’Marr Chase, WR, LSU
8. Panthers: Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern
9. Broncos: Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota St.
10. Cowboys: Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama
11. Giants: DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
GM Dave Gettleman has his reputation tied to quarterback Daniel Jones, so he’ll tend to that investment. Finding a speed receiver will be a priority as Jones enters a pivotal third year.
12. Eagles: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
13. Chargers: Alijah Vera-Tucker, OT, USC
14. Vikings: Christian Barmore, DL, Alabama
15. Patriots: Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
16. Cardinals: Jaycee Horn, CB, So. Carolina
17. Raiders: J. Owusu-Koramoah, LB, No. Dame
18. Dolphins: Jaelan Phillips, DE, Miami
19. WFT: Christian Darrisaw, OT, Va. Tech
20. Bears: Greg Newsome, CB, Northwestern
21. Colts: Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas
22. Titans: Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech
23. Jets: Kwity Paye, DE, Michigan
The Jets are hunting for a pass-rushing force, and Paye is a physical freak.
24. Steelers: Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
25. Jaguars: Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota
26. Browns: Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
27. Ravens: Azeez Ojulari, LB, Georgia
28. Saints: Elijah Moore, WR, Mississippi
29. Packers: Liam Eichenberg, OT, No. Dame
30. Bills: Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
31. Ravens: Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue
32. Bucs: Gregory Rousseau, DE, Miami
#Justin #Fields #Trey #Lance #slide #NFL #mock #draft