Due to numerous cases of coronavirus in the French ranks, a decision will be made on Wednesday regarding the holding of the match against Scotland (Sunday, 4 p.m.). The Scots, for their part, are keen to play precisely this Sunday.
A meeting which is not yet sure of being able to be held on the scheduled date. This Sunday, at 4:00 p.m., France will face Scotland, as part of the third day of the Six Nations Tournament. After a first victory in Rome, against Italy (10-50), on February 6, the XV of France had then followed with a second success, on February 14, on the side of Dublin, against Ireland (13-15). Nine days later, things have changed, unfortunately not in the right direction for the Blues. Indeed, for several days in a row, some French players and other members of the technical staff have tested positive for the coronavirus. This Monday, it is also six new players at once who had joined the ranks of packages for the match against Scotland. They are Captain Charles Ollivon, but also Brice Dulin, Romain Taofifenua, Cyril Baille as well as Peato Mauvaka but also Baptiste Pesenti, who had yet been called up.
Scottish Rugby statement ⤵️ pic.twitter.com/fNpk7wt93E
– Scottish Rugby (@Scotlandteam) February 22, 2021
“The Scottish national team continues its preparation to face France in Paris this Sunday”
As a result, the question of a possible postponement of this duel against Scotland still arises today. A final decision is even expected this Wednesday. In the meantime, this Monday evening, the Scottish Rugby Federation issued a statement in which it clearly indicates that it does not want this postponement: ” The Scottish national team continues its preparation to face France in Paris this Sunday. Our players, coaches and supporters hope that the match will go as planned, within the tournament schedule initially announced. A postponement of the match would have an impact on the availability of players and the agreements in place with the clubs. A situation which could see more than ten Scottish players unavailable for selection if the match was postponed. We are working closely with our partners from 6 Nations to support the holding of the match this weekend, as long as it can be done under healthy conditions. “